Thursday, December 29, 2011

Review...The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane


Title: The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
Author: Kate DiCamillo
ISBN/Publisher: 9780763649425/Candlewick Press
Age Group/Genre: Children's Fiction

There's a rabbit named Edward Tulane and he belongs to a little girl whom loves him very much. However, Edward does not know what love is and soon goes on a journey without his little girl.

How will the China rabbit, Edward Tulane's journey end and will it leave us sad?

This is such a simple and easy book to read. Yet, there is more to the story that meets the on coming eyes. The readers will soon discover a story that deals with love, loss, hope, sadness, and even happiness.

I went into this story thinking that it will be an unemotional read and quite fast. However, I found myself thinking about my childhood and the toys I played with. How did I treat them? And where are they now? Then I thought more deeply about love. I am a single woman wondering if love will come my way and yet this book makes me realize how many different kinds of loves there are.

Kate DiCamillo does it again with a wonderful written story. I definitely recommend this book to everyone!

Favorite quotes...
"There's no point in going on if you feel that way. No point at all. You must be filled with expectancy. You must be awash in hope. You must wonder who will love you, whom you will love next." -Chapter 26

"Open you heart [...] Someone will come for you. But first you must open your heart." -Chapter 26



 
My Rating:

(This book was borrowed and downloaded through the San Diego County Library website)

***Now go and grab your fave cup of tea (or whatever beverage you prefer) and HAPPY readings***

1 comment:

  1. I've never read a book by her but have been wanting to. I hear that The Tale of Despereux has the theme of forgiveness in it and was thinking I could use that with some kids in therapy... actually it sounds like all her books seem to have some important messages in them!

    ReplyDelete