Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Review: 13 Little Blue Envelopes

13 Little Blue Envelopes

Title: 13 Little Blue Envelopes
Author: Maureen Johnson
ISBN/Publisher: 978-0-06-054143-9/Harper Tempest (part of Harper Collins)
Age Group/Genre: Young Adult

Ginny is the shy kid and doesn't think she does anything interesting unless she's with her Aunt Peg. And when she finds out that Aunt Peg died, Ginny thinks that the interesting part of her life is totally gone.

Ginny receives a letter from a crazy Aunt (after her death) telling her to go to her old apartment in New York above the Chinese restaurant. There Ginny finds twelve more letters. And the first one tells her to pack up and head out to London, England. In Europe, she opens up the other letters in different locations and Peg finds herself experiencing life she never ever thought she would. She is doing things she never imagined, meeting new people. And it is all because of these letters.

But why is Aunt Peg sending her out on a worldly adventure after her own death? What does Ginny learn on this amazing trip???

This book is soooooo much fun and great to read. The letters are cute and intriguing. You can really tell that Aunt Peg and Ginny's relationship is amazing. There are so many books out there about parents and their kids. So this relationship was refreshing and also meaningful to me. I'm incredibly close to a few of my Aunties and I'm really, really close to my thirteen year old niece. So this book was comforting and also gave me a few ideas for the future.

Maureen Johnson found a way to incorporate many tourist type areas in this novel. It made me feel like I was traveling through Europe myself. Heck, after reading this book, I started to make a list of places that I want to go. This travel, adventure type book made me feel adventurous and I hope one day I can travel like Ginny, but minus a few parts.

I hope you guys pick this one up!!!
My Rating

(This book was bought from a store called FullyBooked).

***Now go and grab your fave cup of tea or because it's Maureen Johnson's month, grab her fave: iced tea...or anything with ginger...or mint (or whatever beverage you prefer) and HAPPY readings***
***P.S. There are just a few more days for the Inside Out contest. Sign up and if you become a fan on facebook, I'll give you 3 extra entries***

3 comments:

  1. Excellent review! I'm adding this to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun read! And I can't wait for the sequel! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladybug...YAY! I lurve it when my book friends add books to their wish lists after reading my reviews : )

    Robolobolyn...I know, I can't wait too!!!

    ReplyDelete