Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Author Spotlight: John Green


I can't believe it is already December! December is a wonderful month...Christmas, my birthday, winter, and my Author Spotlight on John Green.

I have read so many awesome things about John Green through other blogs and book sites (and I really love watching his vlog on You Tube). So, I bought all the books I could find and I'm set to read. I hope you guys will read them too!!!

Now here is the little bio...I took the info from his site (if you want more information, be sure to click on the photo up top to get to his site)

John was born in 1977 and grew up in Florida. He went to boarding school in Alabama (as did his character in Looking for Alaska). When he was a kid he wanted to be an earthworm scientist, but he discovered he was good at "telling lies" and "sitting." And that is why he is a writer. Other jobs included working as a student chaplain at a children's hospital and a book reviewer. John Green is now currently working on the screenplay for Looking for Alaska. You want the longer bio...make sure to check out his website.

Here are the books...
Looking for Alaska (2005)
An Abundance of Katherines (2006)
Paper Towns (2008)
Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances with Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle (2008)
Will Grayson, Will Grayson with David Levithan (2010)

Now go and grab your cup of tea (or whatever beverage you prefer) along with a John Green book and HAPPY readings!!!

2 comments: