Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Sister's Keeper...the movie


Okay, so I finally saw My Sister's Keeper on opening day (in the Philippines...totally bummed that I missed it by a few day when I was in California). But anyway, I think it was for the best that I saw it yesterday because I was able to watch it AFTER I read the book.

Now, most movies that are based on books are just okay. Yet this movie was amazing.

I loved the fact that I was able to witness Kate's story. The book didn't really tell her side of what was going on. And after watching the movie I felt like I knew her...it gave a totally different perspective of the character and even another view for the book.

On the acting side of the movie...it was also great!!! I have to say this was probably my favorite Cameron Diaz movie. She really got into the role and did an awesome job playing the mom of a dying girl and the fight a mom has to put up for her family...Abigail Breslin, once again awesome young actress...And great job to the rest of the cast...I thought the casting department did an awesome job finding actors with great chemistry and finding people who can actually take characters from a book, that are loved, and portray them on the screen in such a wonderful fashion.

Although the ending was different from the book, I understand that it was probably done this way for the movie audience. However, I prefer the book's ending. If you wanna ask why go ahead, but I don't wanna give it away on here.

So go to the movies and watch it if you haven't...but bring some tissues as well...because there are going to be very few dry eyes in the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment