Sunday, July 12, 2009

Review: Laguna Cove


Title: Laguna Cove
Author:
Alyson Noel
ISBN/Publisher: 0-312-34869-X/St. Martin's Griffin
Age Group: Young Adults


Anne's a 17 year-old from the East Coast and moves to the West Coast to live with her movie business dad after her parents divorce. Then, there's beautiful blonde Ellie who grew up in Laguna Cove and is a competitive surfer and amazing student. These girls each seem way different, but like most girls they have their own family issues.

From the moment the two girls meet, they don't get along. Anne instantly finds cute boy Chris attractive and Ellie has had a crush on him FOREVER. Not only are they both trying to win his attention, but they are both going to compete in the local surf competition.

Do the girls play nice and become friends or do they let their petty differences keep them apart?

Okay, I only found this book because I needed to find one for a book challenge (the challenge was to find a book from an area that I lived in or wanted to live). And to be honest, it was the cover that caught my attention. I'm a Southern Californian and surfing is a part of the culture down there...so of course I would grab this book.

I found myself relating because the character's are very similar to the group of kids I went to high school with, but I also related to Ellie's character in a way. We both had to deal with a parent's death and the story takes place around the time of the anniversary of her mom's death. So I totally related to that.

In general, it was an easy read meant for the young adults. I like it, but not enough to tell my friends to read it.

My Rating

***Now go and grab your fave cup of tea (or whatever beverage you prefer) and HAPPY readings***

No comments:

Post a Comment