Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Author Spotlight: Jodi Picoult

Another month, another spotlight and this month I will be working on books by Jodi Picoult.

I decided to dedicate a month to reading as many of her books because I really enjoyed My Sister's Keeper and thought I definitely need to read her other ones.

Now here is the little bio...I took the info from her site (if you want more information, be sure to click on her photo up top to get to her site)

Jodi Picoult went to Princeton and studied creative writing. While she was there she had a few short stories published in Seventeen (the magazine). After her jobs as a technical writer for a Wall Street brokerage firm, a copywriter at an ad agency, an editor at a textbook publishing company, and an eighth grader English teacher...she went to Harvard to get a masters in education. She lives with her family in Hanover, New Hampshire

Here are the books...
Songs of a Humpback Whale (1992)
Harvesting the Heart (1993)
Picture Perfect (1995)
Mercy (1996)
The Pact (1998)
Keeping Faith (1999)
Plain Truth (1999)
Salem Falls (2001)
Perfect Match (2002)
Second Glance (2003)
My Sister's Keeper
(2004)
Vanishing Acts (2005)
The Tenth Circle (2006)
Nineteen Minutes (2007)
Change of Heart (2008)
Handle with Care (2009)

Books adapted into movies and made for TV movies...
The Pact (2002) Movie on Lifetime
Plain Truth (2004) Movie on Lifetime
The Tenth Circle (2008) Movie on Lifetime
My Sister's Keeper (2009) Feature film

Now go and grab your cup of tea or J. Picoult's prefered french vanilla coffee (or whatever beverage you prefer) along with a Jodi Picoult book and HAPPY readings!!!

2 comments:

  1. She is one of my favorite authors! I think there are only 3 I haven't read yet and they are earlier ones. I made it a goal last year and this to finish all of them but for whatever reason I haven't gotten around to those last few yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is becoming one of my faves. I love how she is able to tell the story from all different points of view.

    ReplyDelete