Monday, January 17, 2011

Featured Blogger...Mariah from A Reader's Adventure

Yay...we're into week three for the featured blogger : )

This week we shall welcome Mariah from A Reader's Adventure. So now lets learn a little bit about a fellow reader!!!

A Reader's Adventure


1. Why don't you tell us about yourself???
I am an 18 year old book lover! I have been reading everything I could get my hands on ever since I could read on my own. Because of this some people find it odd that I am planning to go to school to become a biomedical engineer. What can I say I love reading, writing, and science!
2. Tell us about your blog. When did you start it and why? Anything interesting for readers to expect or special features?
I originally started my blog to keep track of what books I was reading and what I thought of them. I am thinking about doing a new feature about kick-a** heroines so look out for that!
3. What type of books do you read? 
I read YA fiction primarily, because I am a young adult I find these books to be the easiest to relate to. But once I am no longer a young adult I think I will continue to read YA because it is such a diverse and fun compilation of books that anyone can relate to. Also the authors are so nice!
4. If you were stuck on an island and can only have 3 of your favorite books, what would they be and why?
A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker this is the funniest book I have read in a long time!
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
And either the Lioness Rampant series by Tamora Pierce (unless that is cheating) or Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman
For all of these I would choose them because they all have amazing female characters that keep me entertained for hours!
5. If you had to leave our world, but can live in any book, which one would it be? And why?
Probably the world of Graceling, I mean it sounds so beautiful, I would not want to mess with the villain but the world itself would be amazing! And Po, Po, Po.
6. I find that many readers develop crushes while they read books. Do you have a crush on any book characters???
Well as you can see above I totally fell in love with Po. But there are many different love interests that I have really liked but some of my favorites are, Valek, from Poison Study, and Jonathan from the Alanna books.
7. Lots of YA books are being adapted into movies. Do you watch them and if you do, what’s your favorite adaptation? And which ones are you looking forward to watch?
I have only seen one or two and I did not really like them. I did like the Disney adaptation of Meg Cabot’s Avalon High even though they changed the ending. I am really excited for the Moral Instruments movie, and of course the Hunger Games!
8. I love music.  So I was wondering what you listen to since I’m always looking for new songs, what songs and/or artists are on you listening to right now on your ipod or CD player?
I don’t really listen to music too often beyond classical.
9. Oh, and before I forget, when you go to a Starbucks or Coffee Bean (or any coffee/tea serving place)…what do you order???
During the winter I order peppermint hot chocolate, or my new favorite salted caramel hot chocolate.
Great answers Mariah!!! I need to go grab the Meg Cabot's Avalon High, then I need to check out the movie. I enjoy learning so much about fellow bloggers and I hope you all did too. Thanks again Mariah!!! Now everyone...go hop over to her blog and check it out : )

***Now go and grab your fave cup of tea or because Mariah is our guest, grab her preference of a salted caramel hot chocolate OR peppermint hot chocolate (or whatever beverage your prefer) and HAPPY readings***

No comments:

Post a Comment