Sunday, September 27, 2009

Time For Some Awards...

Honest Award
(Gracias to Misty @ Book Rat)
This is the Honest Scrap Award. It is for those bloggers who write from the heart. The rules: Pass it along to seven other bloggers and then list ten honest things about yourself.

Jessica at A Booklover's Diary
Krista at Life or something like it...
Nina at J'adorehappyendings
Alyssa & Jake Kirk at Teens Read and Write
Teddyree at The Eclectic Reader
Faye at Ramblings Of A Teenage Bookworm
Jenny at TakeMeAway

My 10 Facts...
1. I became a vegetarian because doctor's couldn't figure out why my face got swollen (it was swollen for months, I even had to go through surgery to remove some of the swelling)...my mom thought it was something I was eating...so I cut out the animal products in my diet & now I just prefer staying away from meats.

2. I prefer to sit in booths at restaurants & I like the inside seat.

3. I had uncontrollable hair when I was a little girl...thus the reason my brother called me Medusa.

4. My nickname Jenn-ay came from my brother's best friend. It happened after Forest Gump & he always entered the house screaming...Jenn-ay!!!

5. I don't let my friends call me Jenny. Only my siblings, their friends (only b/c they introduce me as Jenny & if I don't really like them...I won't respond to them), my niece & nephews. And it took me 3 months to convince my nephews that my real name is Jennifer.

6. My mom and I both get this V-shape red mark on our forehead when we exercise.

7. My dad, brother, and I have two moles on the right side of our left index fingers...in the same exact spots.

8. I was the team captain on every sports team that I played on in elementary, middle, & high school.

9. I fall on the ground & squirm around when someone tries to tickle me (especially on the side of my torso).

10. I grew up as a dependent to a retired military dad...so I had to have a military ID...I lost each and every one of them. I probably went through at least 2 a year...it's a good thing I no longer qualify for military benefits. (And this is probably why my mom & sister-in-law keep all my "important" documents).

6 comments:

  1. lol tickling, i do the same thing hehe
    So thats how u got ur nickname. Forest Gump is so funny.

    Thanks 4 the Award Jenn-ay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff. I especially LOLed at #4. I wondered where the "Jenn-ay" came from.
    I'm an inner-booth person, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you on your award! Thank you so much for thinking of me.

    I enjoyed reading your 10 facts! It's always fun to get to know blogger friends better.

    I'll post this soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award! Great list.

    I was a military child too... I still have my most recent military id though, lol! It expired ages ago but it's in my purse. In fact, when my hubby and i went on our honeymoon in 2004 I was able to use it in place of a passport (for a cruise)! I think they're stricter now but it worked then even though it was expired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the award! Love it. Forest Gump, loved that movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I posted a comment yesterday. Don't know what happened!
    I knew the Jenn-ay came from Forrest Gump. Medusa? Glad it didn't mess with your self esteem. Cool about the moles. Great leadership skills on the sports teams. I bet you were fearless - until someone tickled you!

    Congrats to you and all the other winners. Thanks for passing us the award and all the fun info about yourself! I'll have to monitor Jake's answers...he can get a little off the wall!

    ReplyDelete