Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon: Hours 3-4

24<span class=

Coraline

Starting time: 7:00 am PST
***page 89
Finished the book: 7:43 am

Break time:
***Mini-Challenge: The Kick off of Champions
I'm doing this read-a-thon in my mom's room since she's out of the country. Last time I did it in my room and felt so cramped because my room is extremely small. Anyways, I have my little Dewey read-a-thon TBR pile, my laptop, ipod, and drink (see the picture). I'll drink iced Early Grey tea, Japanese Dragon Phoenix pearl tea (or as my friend Nicole a.k.a Ni-cool and I call it Harry Potter tea), hot chocolate, vitamin water, and of course water throughout the day. And no snacks out in my reading area. I'll just grab as I go since the kitchen is just a few steps away.

I'll be reading in bed surrounded by my favorite pillows. Or you can find me sitting on the exercise ball (I know, weird, but it's comfortable). Or sometimes I'll read in that ugly black chair. You should know that this chair is pretty old. It used to be our dining room chair in the house I grew up in. And I remember sneaking out of my room when I was little and hiding under the dining room table and the chairs with a flashlight, reading books. The chair even has the sticker earrings I put on it when I was in 2nd grade...yikes!

That's the end of mini-challenge one!!!

***Cheerleading...
Vishy's Blog
Life is a Patchwork Quilt
Classic Vasilly

***Homework time...
Wow, I can't believe I was able to fit in some homework. I learned a lot and was even able to reflect on my high school education. I'm loving my philosophy of education class.

Okay, now back to reading : )

***Now go and grab your fave cup of tea or because it's Maureen Johnson's month, grab her fave: iced tea...or anything with ginger...or mint (or whatever beverage you prefer) and HAPPY readings***


2 comments:

  1. YES! that is "Looking for Alaska" in my pile. Good eye! I have read it already a couple years ago. It is one of the best YA's I have ever read! I got it for my daughter to read, she is joining me soon, after work.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy...Looking for Alaska is a wonderful book. I'm glad you're having your daughter read it. I hope she enjoys it just as much as we did!

    ReplyDelete