Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon: Hour 1 to 2

24hrreading1-thumb

It's Dewey's Read-a-Thon time and I'm about to begin. Wish me luck and keep checking for more updates!!!

Coraline

Starting time: 5:00 am PST
***starting from the very beginning of the book

Break time: 6:00 am PST
***I did posts
***a little bit of read-a-thon cheerleading
***drank some Earl Grey tea (iced)

***listened to music...playlist included
  • Sweet and Low by Augustana
  • You and I Both by Jason Mraz
  • Breakdown by Jack Johnson
  • Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol
  • Crooked Teeth by Death Cab for Cutie
  • Follow Through by Gavin DeGraw
  • Piazza, New York Catcher by Belle and Sebastian
  • Details in the Fabric by Jason Mraz and James Morrison
  • Hands Open by Snow Patrol
  • Battle by Colbie Caillat.

Hour 1 Dewey post...
***3 Facts about me:
  • 1. This is my 2nd read-a-thon
  • 2. I'm from San Diego, but I'm blogging from the Philippines right now
  • 3. During my breaks I'm listening to music, doing homework, or resting my eyes
***I have 6-7books in my TBR for this read-a-thon. They're mostly all the short books that have been sitting in my TBR for sooooo long

***I'm hoping I can get through the books I put aside for today, but mostly I just want to have fun with my reading and cheer on my fellow book friends.

***Advice??? Just have fun with it. Don't worry so much about how many pages or books other readers are reading. Just go at your own pace and have fun with this experience : )

***Now go and grab your fave cup of tea or because it's Maureen Johnson's month, grab her fave: iced tea...or anything with ginger...or mint (or whatever beverage you prefer) and HAPPY readings***

No comments:

Post a Comment