Saturday, August 1, 2009

Author Spotlight: Ann Brashares


This month I'm starting a new monthly topic and it will be The Author Spotlight. And this month I will be putting the light on Ann Brashares.

Throughout the month I'll read some of the books I haven't read and I'll also re-read the ones I have. I'll post my review as soon as I can...so pick up her books and read them with me (don't forget to drink some yummy tea...or coffee!!!)

Here's a little about Ann Brashares...
Ann Brashares grew up in the Washington D.C. area and went to New York City to attend Barnard College (a part of Columbia University). After college she took up some editorial jobs until 2000. At this time she started her first novel, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Currently she has six novels published.

(information taken from her website...click on her picture to go directly to it)

Here are the list of books she has...
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2001)
The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (2003)
Girls in Pants (2005)
Forever in Blue (2007)
The Last Summer (of You &Me) (2007)
3 Willows-The Sisterhood Grows (2009)

Some of her books were adapted into movies...
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005)
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (2008)

And if you like Ann's books, maybe you'll wanna check out some of her fave authors...
Judy Blume, George Eliot, Jane Austen, Philip Pullman, Larry McMurtry, Paula Danziger, Alistair Horne, Charles Dickens, Katherine Applegate, Katherine Paterson, William Manchester, and Marcel Proust

Authors and books I think you might enjoy after reading AB...
Louise Rennison
Libba Bray: A Great and Terrible Beauty

HAPPY readings and keep checking for any updates on Ann Brashares!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment